CAMPACC articles, reports...
State Repression and the Struggle for Self-determination: Strategies for Resistance
Cases of Turkey & Kurds; Pakistan & Baloch; Spain & Basques; Sri Lanka & Tamils
Videos and a report of a seminar organised by Campacc and others on 18 March 2012.
Briefings on the four national cases are available here
Opening by Saleh Mamon and Introduction by Les Levidow http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VUynCZGOeDE&feature=relmfu
Oier Imaz, http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tTw88M27dm4
Lakhu Lohana, http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5yqQokb6H_M
At the final session there were proposals for several activities and common demands.
These proposals remain to be developed through further discussion and joint action.
- Organise a travelling roadshow of speakers from migrant communities being targeted by anti-terror laws. Include all possible venues and platforms, e.g. community centres, trade union centres, universities, etc.
- Persuade NGOs to oppose use of anti-terror laws and to support the right of national self-determination.
- De-isolate resistances of various communities across countries through solidarity activity.
- Use the knowledge and experience of migrant communities in building alternative futures.
- Learn from the experience of Palestinians in building international solidarity activity.
- To organise an international solidarity day, promoting the demands below.
- Recognise the right of national self-determination, e.g. by the Baloch, Kurds, Tamils, Basques, Sikhs, etc.
- Lift the UK ban on organisations promoting the right of national self-determination.
- Oppose any prosecution or deportation based on ‘anti-terror’ laws.
- Stop deportations of refugees to oppressive regimes.
- Deny war-criminal suspects the benefit of UK rules on diplomatic immunity (e.g. at the Sri Lanka High Commission).
- Build solidarity with political prisoners and human rights defenders.